Ultimate Lupus Survival Guide
Having lupus is very challenging. In fact, it can be downright overwhelming and difficult to handle day-to-day. The main thing that you have to learn to do from day to day is to keep flares to a minimum. Daily, you have to release your need for perfection in your lupus battle. Consequently, it’s helpful to have a guide to help you through some rough moments.
Lupus survival guide
A lupus survival guide is focused on ensuring that the lupus warrior’s needs are fulfilled. While you may not be living without pain or issues, you can use these skills to help you thrive beyond lupus. Below is a list of guidelines that are part of the ultimate lupus survival guide.
- Cry when you need to. Everyone needs a good cry of release. Let it all out. You can even sob in the shower so the water can wash those tears down the drain.
- Scream, shout and cuss if you need to. There is no shame in feeling emotions that make you want to just scream it out.
- Lay on the floor. It’s okay to throw a tantrum. Sometimes the stress of lupus calls for it.
- Be still. Know your body enough to stop and just be. It’s important in healing from the many lupus issues.
- Run, and if you can’t, walk. When you feel well do well, just don’t overdo it. Do exactly what your body is capable of and nothing more without feeling guilty.
- Listen to your body. Your body speaks to you constantly. Pay attention so you don’t overdo it. Stop when you are tired or in pain.
- Release your pain. Stop holding on to the pain from yesterday and don’t anticipate the pain that hasn’t come tomorrow. Train your mind to see your pain differently so you can get some relief.
- Be courageous, strong, understanding, patient, and compassionate. Not for anyone else, be those things for yourself. You deserve the best and the best starts with how you treat yourself as you battle lupus.
- Live in your truth and be real. Don’t be ashamed of having lupus. Live knowing that you have beaten 100 percent of the times you thought you couldn’t make it through. Lupus is what it is, take it a moment at a time.
- Be honest about what you need. People can only help you as much as you allow them to. Don’t be afraid to be honest when you need help. You don’t have to do it all by yourself.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. You are fighting for your life daily. Lupus isn’t easy to deal with. Don’t beat yourself up when you need to rest or can’t do what you used to. It’s okay, adjust and adapt.
- Share your victories without fear. Don’t feel guilty because you feel good. Be proud of what you have overcome. Your resilience in your lupus fight is important.
Self-care and celebration
Finally, understand how amazing you are beating lupus day-to-day. Your resilience, bravery and your will to live well beyond lupus are to be commended.
How much has the financial burden of lupus negatively impacted your life?